Who We Are
Click To See
Employees SayPathways Private Duty is part of Pathways Home Health, Hospice and Private Duty, which is a local family of health services provided at home, founded by a group of Stanford physicians and community members in 1977; we are non-profit. Pathways has been affiliated with El Camino Hospital and Sequoia Hospital/Dignity Health system since 1986.
Pathways Private Duty is one of the largest and most experienced home care providers in the Bay Area.
- We have proudly served San Mateo, Santa Clara and Alameda Counties for over 39 years
- We provide over 25,000 visits per year
- We provide over 160,000 hours of service per year
- 33% of our clients have been on service with us over 3 years
- 18% over five years and
- 5% over 10 years – as high as 12 years
- 20% of our caregivers have been her over 10 years.
- 10% over 15 years
Does non-profit status matter? Yes! For-profit agencies may say this is just a matter of tax ID status. Not so. Pathways makes a profit, but instead of paying it to shareholders or a private owner, we reinvest it in patient care—things like having pharmacists, diabetic educators and respiratory therapists on staff. It would be hard to find another home health or hospice agency with patient bonuses like this.
- We are a full-service employer agency, not a registry or “referral agency”.
- We have excellent client/family satisfaction scores.
- Caregivers are experienced and trained in specialty areas like dementia and hospice care; they all have full background checks.
- Pathways Private Duty is part of the Pathways Home Health, Hospice, Private Duty & Geriatric Care Management family of services, a one-stop shop for your changing needs.
- We are licensed by the State of California Department of Social Services as a Home Care Organization, and all of our caregivers are individually licensed by the state as Home Care Aides.
- We are non-profit and affiliated with Sequoia and El Camino Hospitals.
- We are a member of the Home Care Association of America and certified as a Trusted Provider by Home Care Pulse.
- We are fully licensed, bonded and insured.
- We are the employer of the caregivers that we sent to your home.
- We take responsibility for their actions, their honesty, their competence, their payroll and insurance.
- We take care of all those things so that you don’t have to be concerned about them.