What Is Geriatric Care Management?
Geriatric care management is planning, providing, arranging, and evaluating support for seniors who need a hand to manage their daily lives.
Care management helps caregivers who don’t have the time or experience to meet the challenges of complex care needs.
What Do Geriatric Care Managers Do?
Care managers are usually social workers, nurses or gerontologists—experts on the quality, availability, and cost of community resources.
Care managers can arrange: transportation, medical appointments, meal delivery, home health care, bill paying, housekeeping, handyman services—and much more.
Clients can have a one-time consultation for planning, or ongoing management of care—whatever the need.
How Can Geriatric Care Management Help?
- It can keep seniors in their own homes.
- It improves their quality of life.
- It gives peace of mind to family members.
- It provides access to elder care expertise.
- It assists long-distance caregivers.
- It provides crisis intervention and counseling.
- It improves medication management and safety