Good care is about DISEASE MANAGEMENT: Providing the support needed to keep people out of the hospital.
When patients have inadequate support at home, they may become “frequent flyers”—people who often have urgent physician or emergency room visits.
How can Pathways Private Duty help with that?
Here are 10 things to promote adherence to the plan of care that a Pathways Private Duty caregiver can do:
- Remind clients to take medications
- Transport patients to medical appointments
- Check food supplies and grocery shop
- Prepare simple meals per the patient’s prescribed diet
- Report condition changes to family members
- Provide range of motion or simple exercises
- Reduce the likelihood of falls
- Alert family members when low on medications
- Provide companionship: encourage eating, bathing, walking—and laughing
- Offer geriatric care management
When diet, medications, exercise, safety and companionship are attended to, our clients thrive. You may not be seeing them quite as often—and that’s a good thing!